KIDS’ ACTIVITIES & CAMPS
With the snow-covered mountain as our playground, there are an abundance of children's activities available throughout the Valley during the winter. Whether you’re looking for a slope-side scientific experience for your little naturalist, a full-throttle hockey challenge for your future Gretzky or a rip-roaring tubing adventure that gets the whole family tuckered out, from Vail to Gypsum, the Valley offers a wide array of fun, active, and educational camps and day activities.
- Activity Camp offers an adventurous winter day camp for children 7 to 12 years. So whatever your family needs, Activity Sitters will make sure everyone is having fun. With so much creativity and imagination, the sky is the limit!
ADVENTURE SESSIONS: DECEMBER 18 - APRIL 19
- The Adventures sessions matches children up with similarly skilled skiers and riders to explore the mountain. Cut the lift lines, explore new runs, and get ski training all day.
- 9:15am – 3:00pm
ALPINE ARTS CENTER
- Register your child/teen for themed art camps at Alpine Arts Center for ages 3-6, 7-12, and 13+. Camps are offered throughout the winter with morning and afternoon sessions. Younger children can choose from camps such as A Pirate's Paradise, Yummy Art, Nature Art Camp, and Art Around the World, which will explore the theme through a variety of mediums ranging from painting and drawing to clay, mixed-media, printmaking, and more.
ADVENTURE RIDGE: DECEMBER 17 - APRIL 15
- Tubing at Adventure Ridge is fun for the whole family! Take a breathtaking gondola ride to Vail Mountain's Adventure Ridge. Enjoy the slippery slopes for tubing, ski bikes, kids’ snowmobile track, winter zipline, and more! And don't forget to grab a hot coco and watch the sun set as you take in the breathtaking views of the Sawatch, New York, and Gore Range.
- Looking for a new and different winter activity? Apex Mountain School is a private guiding company that specializes in ice climbing, rock climbing, rappelling, backcountry skiing, and other skills courses for all levels.
ARRABELLE ICE RINK
- Skate in the center of beautiful Vail Square at the Arrabelle or watch your kids while you sip coco beside an outdoor fire pit.
AVON LIBRARY STORY TIME
- Read, sing, laugh and play at the Avon Library every week.
BEAVER CREEK ICE SKATING
- At the heart of Beaver Creek village enjoy skating for the whole family!
- Open daily from 12pm – 9pm
BEAVER CREEK TUBING
- Slide down the slippery Hay Marker Tubing Hill located just below The Ranch.
- It may not be the healthiest activity in town, but it sure is one of the most fun! Every afternoon in Beaver Creek at 3pm, chefs roam through the town with heaping trays of fresh-baked cookies. 495,000 cookies a year!
DOBSON ICE ARENA
- Vail’s Dobson Ice Arena is open year-round for ice skating activities.
EAGLE ICE RINK
- Bring the whole family to the indoor rink in Eagle.
EAGLE LIBRARY STORY TIME
- Enjoy stories, music, and craft time every week at the Eagle Library located across the street from the Eagle Town Park.
- Vail's learning and discovery center provides a wide array of fun science and art learning activities for children. Featuring a black-light room which captures shadows and a "sound of science" exhibit, there are plenty of activities to capture your child's imagination. A 3 hour drop-off program is available for children who are potty trained and older for $10/hr. Located above the Subway in the Lionshead Parking structure, call 970-479-2292 for details.
- Ages 2-12; Open 10:00 am - 2:00 pm, Monday - Friday.
HORSE DRAWN SLEIGH RIDES - BEAR
- Horse-drawn sleigh rides, dinner sleigh rides and winter horseback rides just 15 minutes from Beaver Creek.
- Have a sleigh bring you to Bearcat’s Cabin for dinner, one of Vail’s most historic restaurant settings.
MOONLIGHT SHOWSHOE TOURS: DECEMBER 18 - MID-APRIL
- Venture across the moonlit mountain while learning about astronomy and the exciting animals that inhabit Vail Mountain.
- Free activity
- 5:30pm – 6:30pm Tuesdays – Saturdays
- Location: Eagle’s Nest, Vail
NATURE AT NIGHT
- Engage in the Nature Discovery Center’s program full of activities and learning about the nightly creatures in Vail.
- 6pm – 7pm Tuesdays & Thursdays
- Location: Eagle’s Nest, Vail
- Enjoy a day off the mountain and take a swing at a Nordic adventure. Backcountry snowshoeing, Telemark skiing, cross country tours, and more are all offered from Golden Peak.
- Participate in a glow stick ski-down set to music followed by a fireworks finale! Now that’s a show!
- Level 5 skiers (intermediate) or above
VAIL LIBRARY STORY TIME
- Every Tuesday and Wednesday at 10:00 and 11:00 am, kids of all ages enjoy story time and arts & crafts.
VAIL NATURE DISCOVERY CENTER - WALKING MOUNTAINS
- Located in an all seasons yurt atop Vail Mountain, the center offers daily snowshoe adventures and informative displays for visitors to learn more about our surrounding natural world.
WALKING MOUNTAINS SCIENCE CENTER
Located in Avon north of I-70, this sustainably designed one-of-a-kind five acre campus offers children and adults a world class environmental learning center complete with wetland areas, a spring fed pond, aspen forests and the National Forest. Open Monday - Saturday 9-5, admission is free. Includes outdoor learning areas, meadow learning studio, field studies base camp and discovery center. Walking Mountains offers a variety of programs throughout the winter including nature walks and guided snowshoes. Visit the center website or in person for more information.